Video:Alton Sterling shooting: No charges for police over black man’s killing

0
373

The US Department of Justice has decided not to charge two white officers who shot and killed a black man in Louisiana last summer.

Video footage appearing to show the officers holding down Alton Sterling as they fired their weapons sparked days of protests in Baton Rouge.

Us prosecutors said their was “insufficient evidence”.

News of the decision leaked to US media on Tuesday before the city mayor or the Sterling family had been told.

“We need closure, we need a conviction. We need justice,” said Sterling’s aunt.

More than 100 people attended a vigil on Tuesday night outside the Triple S Food Mart where Sterling died on 5 July 2016.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here