The forum of the general assembly of the Lagos East Senatorial District of the All Progressives’ Congress at Epe yesterday declared its full allegiance to, and corresponding vote of confidence in, the leadership of the incumbent Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode.
In a communique signed by the district’s Secretary and former Speaker, Lagos State House of Assembly, Right Honourable Jokotola Waheed Pelumi, the forum made the following declarations:
•That in formal acknowledgement of the laudable performance of the Ambode-led administration since its inception and after undertaking a careful scrutiny of government activities and programmes in the development of the state, the Governor deserved a unanimous ‘vote of confidence’.
• That in view of Ambode’s sterling and leadership qualities, he should present himself for a return to office as Governor, come 2019.
• That it fully supports the activities of its great party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos State under the leadership of its able and confident Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
• That all members of the party should give maximum and unflinching support to the State Chapter of the party under the leadership of the State Chairman, Otunba Henry Oladele Ajomale.
• That all well-meaning members of the great party should give maximum and unflinching support to the leadership of the party in the Lagos East Senatorial District under Otunba Bushura Alebiosu.
• That the performance of the indefatigable Senator Gbenga Ashafa be commended, especially in view of his adequate, impressive and resourceful delivery of the mandate of the district and a ‘vote of confidence’ also passed on his representation.
The six criteria were fully adopted and implemented by the forum, before standing up from the meeting.